General terms and Conditions
I would like to welcome you in bed & Breakfast Alegría and would like to inform you of the general terms and conditions as described below.
• Veerle Moelans owns and manages B&B Alegría. The owner can be replaced by a third party.
• General terms and conditions apply to all users of bed & Breakfast “Alegría”, Abhishek Dodoenstraat 63, 2800 Mechelen
• Guests must follow the owner’s instructions. In the case of non-compliance, the owner may deny and/or refuse access to bed & Breakfast “Alegría” in case of violation of these general terms and conditions and in case of inappropriate conduct, without further notice and without refund of Expenses.
• Reservations can be via the own website or via a collaborative website or by email or by phone.
• By default, B&B Alegría does not charge a reservation fee. Although the owner can request a reservation from 3 days and longer, a deposit of 50% of the agreed rental price.
• There is a tourist tax in all B&B. In Mechelen This city tax is 3.40 €/nacht/kamer.
• The payment and reservation conditions differ from the guest room. Please contact your B&B for current rates or take a look at the website: www.alegriamechelen.be
• A reservation request from the customer must always be confirmed by B&B Alegría. Without confirmation, there is no reservation or booking.
• B&B Alegría will undertake reasonable efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information via the website. However, Hotel B&B Alegría can never be held liable for any kind of direct, indirect or incidental damage that follows from the use or failure to use this website. B&B Alegría cannot be held liable for the content of this website and any incorrect information on this website.
• Free cancellation is only possible under certain conditions.
• In case of cancellation or the following costs may be charged:
1. Cancellation more than 1 week before can be free of charge.
2. If cancelled up to 2 days before arrival, 50% of the accommodation fee will be charged.
3. If cancelled less than 2 days before arrival or at ‘ no show ‘, 100% of the accommodation costs will be charged.
4. Non-refundable reservations cannot be cancelled, nor can changes be made to these reservations. 100% of the accommodation costs are charged at all times.
5. Upon departure after check-out (after 11h00) an extra night will be charged.
6. In case of early departure, no refund will take place.
7. Non-refundable reservations cannot be cancelled, nor can changes be made to these reservations. 100% of the accommodation costs are charged at all times.
• The amount payable must be paid in cash at the latest on the day of check-out or to be transferred to the bank account number: BE47973171093280 in the name of B&B Alegría. You will receive an invoice if necessary. This must be paid within 14 days. If an advance was paid by the contractor, it will be deducted from the amount payable.
• As a guest you receive a key from the B&B “Alegría”. This will bring you back in upon departure. As a guest you are responsible for the correct closure of the access door of the B&B. Loss of the key is for the cost of guest (€75,-) and will be paid by the guest at check out cash or afterwards per invoice.
• The stay will be paid at the latest on the day of departure cash, unless otherwise expressly stipulated.
• If payment is made by bank transfer, the deposit will be paid on the day of receipt of the invoice in the account number: BE47973171093280.
• On the due date of unpaid invoices, in the case of non-payment, a 15% surcharge will be charged, which may occur on a weekly basis
• There is an option to pay in the B&B with Maestro or with Credit Card like Visa, Mastercard, American Express. Please note that the promotional rate only applies in case of payment in cash or via bank transfer or via banking app.
• Animals are our friends, but the Cats of B&B Alegría do not like to have other kind of companions in the neighbourhood, so please ask Veerle for the reservation.
• (if admission is still given, only after consultation, there may be a supplement of €10 per night per pet for the maintenance of the room.)
• The keys will be handed out from 14.00 hours the day of arrival. This can soon be agreed upon prior enquiry from the Veerle.
• In case of payment of advance or credit card number, the rooms are guaranteed until 6pm on the day of arrival. If customers wish to check in later than 18h, they must notify Veerle in time.
Departure – Check-out
• We ask the room to leave on the departure for 11am. After consultation with Veerle, a late check-out can be accepted. In this case, a refundable fee of 15 euros will be charged.
• When leaving the room after 12h30, the following night will be charged.
• Exceptions are only possible if clearly otherwise stipulated by Veerle.
• In the case of damage caused by the customer, the persons accompanying him, or the persons to whom he is wary, to the movable and immovable property of B&B Alegría, the damage at the simple request of B&B Alegría should be reimbursed and this by the Departure of the customer.
• We are not liable for damage or loss of vehicles parked on the parking, nor their contents.
• The guest has a key to close the room carefully. The B&B-holder is not liable for damage, destruction or theft of cases that a guest who lodges in the B&B unless the case has been effectively kept in custody.
• In Belgium a general smoking ban applies in public areas. As a result of this legislation, all rooms are only rented as non-smoking rooms. Cleaning costs and/or repairs are charged in the case of smoking odour in the room (or other public non-smoking area in B&B Alegría). The B&B will calculate these costs on the basis of the nuisance and damage suffered, with a minimum of €100.00.
• Noise, especially between 22.00 and 07.00 hours, should be avoided. Use by third parties of the stay is not allowed. Visitors may not stay in the bed & Breakfast without the permission of the administrator and without any extra payment. Vehicles can be parked in the parking spaces on the private grounds of the bed & Breakfast “Alegría”, as far as there is room.
• Waste must be deposited in the garbage container.
• Immediately notify the owner of the presence of suspicious persons.
• Standard breakfast is served in the guest room/breakfast room. When the weather is nice, however, it is possible to use breakfast in the front yard on request.
• Breakfast is served in consultation with the guest between 7.00 and 09.00 H (or late breakfast until 10h30 during weekends).
On the website of B&B Alegría the Reservation module of Bedandbreakfast.eu is being used.
With the help of this reservation module, a guest can book a room at B&B Alegría. The personal data requested via this Reservation module are: first name and surname, gender, address details, e-mail address and telephone number.
The personal data is used for the following purposes:
– Processing and forwarding reservation requests and bookings
– Answering questions that are asked via, for example, the website
– Sending a review request.
For more information about data processing, we refer you to the Privacystatement of Bedandbreakfast.eu.
We wish you a pleasant stay in B&B Alegría. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
0032 (0) 494 04 45 45